NLA in the News
- SOLD!!! John Galligan's THE BAD AXE, pitched as Mystic River meets Windigo Island, about the Silk Road running through America's heartland, a local sheriff on the hunt for a missing girl, and a trail of clues that lead her too close to home, along with a second Wisconsin-set thriller, to Peter Borland at Atria, in a two-book deal six-figure pre-empt by Joanna MacKenzie at Nelson Literary Agency.
- SOLD!! From Publisher's Weekly: Kathy Dawson at Penguin bought at auction, two standalone YA fantasies by debut novelist Laura Brooke Robson. The first is an apocalyptic fantasy told in alternating POVs about the leader of a band of female elite royal aerialists whose plan for survival depends on marrying the prince—until she meets the alluring new recruit who secretly plans to kill him. Danielle Burby at Nelson Literary Agency brokered the six-figure deal.
- SOLD!! Heather Alexander at Audible Originals took world English rights to a novella prequel to the bestselling Gallagher Girls series, by Ally Carter. The title will follow three characters from the books during their first week of seventh grade at their all-girls spy school; it’s set to debut as an audio original and was sold by Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary Agency.
- SOLD!! Catherine Onder at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt bought North American rights, at auction, to Ally Carter’s first middle grade series. The first title in the two-book deal, The Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Virtue, is slated for fall 2019. HMH said the series was pitched as what would happen “if little orphan Annie went to live with Batman.” The book follows, HMH explained, a girl and her group of “ragtag” friends “as they teach a mysterious billionaire that he has a family worth fighting for.” Kristin Nelson represented Carter.
- CHILLING EFFECT, an #ownvoices space opera where a mercenary space captain risks her life and crew to save her sister from a secret galactic organization, and PRIME DECEPTION, the second book in the series, to Priyanka Krishnan at Voyager, at auction, for publication in 2019 and 2020, by Quressa Robinson in her first deal at Nelson Literary Agency (world English). 's
- Big Congrats! J.D. Barker's THE FOURTH MONKEY wins the 2018 Audie Award for best thriller/suspense.
- And the news keeps getting better. Another huge congrats to JD Barker & Dacre Stoker as DRACUL is also a Publishers Lunch Fall 2018 Buzz Book! Crazy fun news day at NLA!
- Crazy happy day! Congrats to Miranda Asebedo, Heather Kaczynski, & Marie Lu. THE DEEPEST ROOTS, ONE GIANT LEAP & WILDCARD are all Publishers Lunch FALL 2018 Buzz Books!
- Congrats to Lisa Shearin! THE GHOUL VENDETTA wins the RT Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Urban Fantasy novel.
- Huge congrats to Ally Carter on NOT IF I SAVE YOU FIRST landing on the New York Times bestseller list at #5 the first week out!
- LOVE AND OTHER CARNIVOROUS PLANTS by Florence Gonsalves received yet another glowing review! "Fans of Sarah Dessen will appreciate Danny's relatable and realistic journey. A must-have sharp, powerful, and witty immersion into the complexities of sexual identity and mental health." -School Library Journal
- J.A. White, author of THE THICKETY, calls Jeff Seymour's debut middle grade fantasy, NADYA SKYLUNG AND THE CLOUDSHIP RESCUE, "a stunning debut filled with derring-do, surprises, and truly original world building."
- Ausma Zehanat Khan's A DANGEROUS CROSSING included in The Globe and Mail's list of Best Canadian Suspense.
- Big congrats to Ally Carter! NOT IF I SAVE YOU FIRST has been named an Indie Next pick for Spring 2018.
- Congratulations to Kristen Simmons! PACIFICA is out now from Tor!
- Congratulations to Shana Galen! No Earls Allowed is out today from Sourcebooks!
- Congratulations to Ausma Zehanat Khan for starred reviews from both PW and Booklist for A DANGEROUS CROSSING, the powerful fourth book in her mystery series.
- Congratulations to Florence Gonsalves for a starred Booklist review of LOVE AND OTHER CARNIVOROUS PLANTS. "[For] John Green fans who crave intelligent stories that occupy both shadow and light."
- A starred review from Booklist for Kristen Simmons' PACIFICA!
- PW gives a starred review to Shana Galen's upcoming March release, NO EARLS ALLOWED!
- Kirkus gives a starred review to Shana Galen's March release, NO EARLS ALLOWED!
- Happy pub day to Ausma Zehanat Khan for A DANGEROUS CROSSING, the fourth book in the Khattak/Getty mystery series! It has received not one, but two starred reviews and is not to be missed!
- Throwing confetti! JD Barker's THE FOURTH MONKEY is nominated for a 2018 Audie Award for Best Thriller audiobook!
- Congrats J.D. Barker! The Horror Writers Association has announced the 2017 Bram Stoker Award Preliminary short list ballot. Barker's debut THE FOURTH MONKEY made that list for Superior Achievement in a Novel.
- A double nomination for Josh Malerman! The Horror Writers Association has announced the 2017 Bram Stoker Award ballot finalists. BLACK MAD WHEEL for Superior Achievement in a Novel; and GOBLIN for Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection.
- Wonderful congrats to Jamie Ford. LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES is a 2017 Library Journal Best Book of the Year (Historical Fiction).
- Three cheers for J.D. Barker! His first thriller THE FOURTH MONKEY debuted on Germany's National Bestseller List making this novel an international bestseller.
- Three cheers for Marie Lu! BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER hits the New York Times Bestseller list in the #5 spot.