NLA in the News
- In an exclusive submission, two book deal, Berkley’s Cindy Hwang acquired rights to The Beach Trap by Alison Hammer and Bradeigh Godfrey writing as Ali Brady.
- In a two-book deal, Foyinsi Adegbonmire at Feiwel and Friends has acquired North American rights to And Other Mistakes by Erika Turner.
- In a six-figure deal, Jennifer Ung at Simon & Schuster has acquired North American rights to The Jump by Brittney Morris.
- Ausma Zehanat Khan's Blackwater Falls, set in Colorado introduces a Muslim investigator as she looks into the death of a young immigrant woman, in a 2-book deal, to Catherine Richards at Minotaur.
- Jamie Levine at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt acquired North American rights to Across the Sand, the first full-length novel in five years by Hugh Howey.
- In a starred review, Kirkus declares that “intriguing characters take a wild ride through backwoods Wisconsin in this irresistible mystery” Galligan's Bad Moon Rising.
- Alison Hammer's Little Pieces of Me named one of the Best New Books of Spring.
- Kathleen West's Are We There Yet? called "a breezy yet affecting read filled with struggle and hope."
- "Emotional and gripping," Bookpage gives a starred review for The Cost of Knowing by Brittney Morris.
- Brittney Morris' The Cost of Knowing named one of the Best New Books to Read This April
- Brittney Morris' The Cost of Knowing named one of the 12 best YA Books of April
- Bound Entertainment is collaborating with Stacey Lee to develop a TV series adaptation of the young adult author’s coming-of-age novel, The Downstairs Girl.
- Stacey Lee's The Downstairs Girl hits #6 on the NYT young adult paperback list for the first time.
- Celia Lee at Orchard has bought world rights, in an exclusive submission, to the picture book The Little Old Lady Who Ate Leftovers by Melissa de la Cruz and illustrated by Primo Gallanosa.
- In an announcement that would make Alexia Tarabotti swoon, Frederator Studios (Castlevania) is adapting Gail Carriger’s popular Parasol Protectorate books for animated series.
- The Bird Box universe is expanding with a Spanish-language spinoff. Production to start by end of year.
- In a significant deal, NYT bestselling authors Stephen King and Richard Chizmar's Gwendy's Final Task, the last installment of the trilogy, to Ed Schlesinger at Gallery.
- Stephanie Lurie at Rick Riordan Presents has acquired in a six figure deal, Winston Chu Versus the Whimsies by award-winning author Stacey Lee.
- In a high-six-figure deal, Ecco’s Helen Atsma won North American rights at auction to Shelby Van Pelt’s Remarkably Bright Creatures.
- Brittney Morris' The Cost of Knowing receives a starred review.
- Kate Baer’s What Kind of Woman was selected as the GOOP book club pick for January.