NLA in the News
- Mary Gaule at Harper Perennial has acquired North American rights to How About Now by Kate Baer in a significant, two-book deal.
- The Many Daughters of Afong Moy by Jamie Ford has been named to many notable 2022 best-books lists, including those by Amazon, Apple, Goodreads, IndieNext, Library Journal, and Hudson.
- Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt is a 2022 Goodreads Choice Awards Nominee in both the fiction category and the debut novel category.
- And Yet by Kate Baer is a 2022 Goodreads Choice Awards Nominee in the poetry category.
- Gwendy's Final Task by Richard Chizmar and Stephen King is a 2022 Goodreads Choice Awards Nominee in the horror category.
- Kate Baer's third book of poetry, And Yet, is an instant New York Times Bestseller.
- Whitney Frick at Dial preempted North American rights to Joy Sullivan’s debut poetry collection, Instructions for Traveling West.
- August's Today Show Read With Jenna book club selection is The Many Daughters of Afong Moy by Jamie Ford.
- Jamie Ford's The Many Daughters of Afong Moy is an instant New York Times Bestseller.
- Whoopi Goldberg shares Remarkably Bright Creatures as one of her favorite books in "The Ladies Get Lit" on The View.
- Released June 14, The Beach Trap by Ali Brady has made 11 best-books lists, including those compiled by The Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, and Katie Couric Media.
- ABA announces that Jamie Ford's The Many Daughters of Afong Moy is the #1 IndieNext Top Pick for August.
- John Galligan received a starred review from PW for Bad Day Breaking (August 30).
- The Beach Trap by Ali Brady, released June 14, 2022, was a #1 New Release on Amazon.
- As announced on CBS Mornings, Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt Is Amazon’s Best Book of the Year So Far for 2022.
- Jen Besser and Kate Meltzer at Roaring Brook have acquired Stars and Smoke and its sequel, two YA novels by Marie Lu, in a 7-figure deal for North American rights.
- Ali Brady’s The Beach Trap receives a starred Booklist review
- Shelby Van Pelt's debut Remarkably Bright Creatures is an instant New York Times Bestseller.
- Shelby Van Pelt's debut Remarkably Bright Creatures lands on the USA Today Bestseller List.
- May's Today Show Read With Jenna book club selection is Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt.
- Mabel Hsu at HarperCollins has bought rights to The Boyfriend Wish by Swati Teerdhala, the author's first YA romantic comedy.
- In an interview with Publishers Weekly, Katrina Monroe talks about identity, memory, and homecomings in her debut novel, They Drown Our Daughters.
- Parade picks The Downstairs Girl for the best Young Adult Books of 2021 list.
- The Many Daughters of Afong Moy included in Bookpage's 2022 Most Anticipated Fiction.
- Parade names Remarkably Bright Creatures as one of 34 Books We're Loving This Spring
- The Most Eagerly Anticipated Fiction by Women in 2022 - Remarkably Bright Creatures
- Remarkably Bright Creatures is one of 30 Best and Most-Anticipated Books of 2022.
- Richard Chizmar and Stephen King’s Gwendy’s Final Task lands on the USA Today Bestseller list at #21
- Richard Chizmar and Stephen King’s Gwendy’s Final Task is a NYT bestseller.
- For mid-six figures, Gallery Books’ Ed Schlesinger bought North American rights to two untitled thrillers by Richard Chizmar.
- Jenny Chen at Bantam Dell has acquired North American rights to Firebirds and a second book in the series by Lina Chern.
- Ali Fisher at Tor Teen has acquired world rights to Find Him Where You Left Him and a second book in the series by Kristen Simmons.
- Sarah Zachrich Jeng’s The Other Me named a 2022 Michigan Notable Book.