Recording only of The Nitty-Gritty: How Digital is Transforming the Publishing Landscape
12/01/17 at 12:00 pm
This is a recording of the Webinar held on June 25, 2014.
Agent Kristin has given this workshop at numerous writers’ conferences in 2014 and invariably, attendees tell her this workshop was worth the price of conference admission! For the first time, NLA Digital is making the recording available to writers for the low, affordable price of $19.99.
Agent Kristin explains how the world of publishing is rapidly changing and how this impacts writers at every stage of their careers. She explains digital changes making the headlines and tackles the confusing terminology peppering these news stories. (What is agency pricing exactly and why did the Department of Justice slap Apple’s hands? What role is Amazon playing in all these changes?) She also tackles contract terms that may restrict traditionally published authors from self publishing.
- Should an author digitally publish?
- What are the pros and cons?
- Can an author who is traditionally published, digitally self-publish?
- What are the potential contract hurdles?
- Can an author partner with an agent to digitally publish?
- How is the agent role changing as the industry changes?
- What is metadata and why is it your friend?
You can buy access to this Webinar recording until December 1, 2017.