STATUS: I’m one of those crazy people who will be at the airport and traveling on the same day as half the populace. I booked these tickets back in April and now I’m wondering why my hubby, Chutney, and I didn’t leave yesterday. Yep, she’s coming with.
What’s playing on the iPod right now? RIO by Duran Duran
This is my last blog for the week so Happy Thanksgiving! Remember to step back and take a moment to think about what you are thankful for.
On a personal level, I’m thankful for so many things but being me, I simply like to keep that private. But I don’t mind sharing what I’m thankful for on a professional level.
1. I’m thankful for my assistant Sara who has transformed my agency in so many ways. With her on board, we look at ten times more queries and partials—all so we can take on more new clients who might turn out to be you—one of my blog readers. Her talent and contribution has been amazing.
2. I’m thankful for the amount of success I’ve had with my agency this year. Excluding the numerous foreign rights sales, I’ve sold more than 20 books for this year alone. This is a new agency record.
3. I’m thankful to be in the middle of year five for my agency. In four short years, I have over 20 clients, have sold more than 50 books, done tons of foreign rights deals as well as Hollywood stuff, and I have several clients who are National bestsellers, RITA-award winners, and have consistently hit the Barnes & Noble bestseller lists for weeks on end. The other lists are just around the corner!
4. I’m thankful for my terrific clients and especially for all the new folks who came aboard just this year. Truly, my clients are savvy and professional but warm and a lot of fun. They demand but never ask too much. I feel very very lucky.
5. I’m thankful for all the new technology being implemented this year and for my ability to embrace it with good humor. (Actually, I’m working on the latter but I figured if I wrote it down, then I created the possibility to make it true.)
6. I’m thankful for all the terrific new books I read this year—by aspiring writers and by already published authors whom I got the chance to read for the first time this year.
7. I’m thankful for the fact the every day, I love my job.
I’ll toast to that and more on Thanksgiving day.