STATUS: I need a good neck stretch or back massage. But TGIF!
What’s playing on the iPod right now? WHAT’D I SAY by Ray Charles
I spent the day working on getting my foreign rights co-agent ready for Frankfurt (which is just a few weeks away).
So what have we been doing? Well, first we establish the list of the clients/titles that will be shopped there. Basically we just make sure that any project we hold World rights for is on the list. We also make a list of projects that the publisher holds World for. We’ll certainly field interest for those clients so we make sure we have the Publishing House’s contact person so we can share with interested parties at Frankfurt.
But the rest of getting ready is making sure that our co-agent has all current info in hand.
On the checklist:
1. Final cover and final flap or back cover copy of any featured title.
2. Final manuscript—in page proof PDF if we have it yet but most often it’s the Word document—final sans copy edits.
3. All reviews, praise, and latest news for any client title. This is the most time consuming. Sara has been putting that together all week but there were literally events happening as of this week—like a film deal I just concluded for one of my YA authors.
I needed to make sure that info had been disseminated.
4. Confirmed release dates for all upcoming titles.
5. Made a list of foreign rights already sold for each title.
6. Made sure the marketing plans for all titles had been forwarded on as well.
There’s probably something more that I’m forgetting but that pretty much sums it up.
Frankfurt here we come.Tags: Frankfurt Book Fair