How They Came to Us
Kristin’s Hollywood entertainment attorney sent Josh her way. She remembers getting the email with the book description of BIRD BOX and thinking, “Really? He thinks this is right for me?” Luckily her attorney was right. She was visiting her mother down in Florida, so she actually read the novel while sitting on the beach admiring the ocean. The novel is so terrifying, it might have been the only place she could have read it without being kept awake at night.
Josh Malerman is a New York Times-bestselling author and one of two singer/songwriters for the rock band The High Strung. His debut novel, Bird Box, is the inspiration for thie hit Netflix film of the same name. His other novels include Unbury Carol and Inspection.
FUN FACTS ABOUT JOSH
- Shares a birthday with Amelia Earhart
- Is the middle child
- At 12, got stung on the face by a jellyfish after father convinced him the ocean was safe
- The Twilight Zone: The Movie was the first horror film he saw
- Almost always writes as horror movie soundtracks play on the record player (The Howling, Poltergeist, and Zombi 2 are great, but Creepshow is best)
- Wrote/performs the theme song for Showtime’s Shameless (starring William H. Macy)
- Has only read two books twice: William Faulkner’s Absalom, Absalom! and Stephen King’s The Shining
- Is a member of the Detroit Zoo
- Lives with his wife in Ferndale, Michigan
Bird Box Movie Tie In
Black Mad Wheel